Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A Word from the Director...

I met with the CATA band students this morning and shared news that they will be welcoming a new band director to the CATA band room in the fall.  An unexpected teaching opportunity recently came my way and, after three wonderfully rewarding years in the CATA band room, I have accepted the band director position at Charlotte Christian School beginning in the 2015-16 school year. 

While I am excited about the opportunities for professional growth and lifestyle change that await me at Charlotte Christian, my heart is HEAVY at the thought of leaving CATA. It's a very special band program and I have enjoyed building it over the past three years.  Cougar pride runs deep in my bones and I care a great deal about Central Academy and the Cougar band family.  

It has been an honor and a joy to call the CATA band room “home” for the past three years. Thank you to the students and parents for your TREMENDOUS service and support as we have worked together to build this program from the ground up.  Each and every one of you has been such a vital part of growing this program and I thank you for your investment!

I have every confidence that Ms. Fisenne and the administrative staff will find and hire a quality music educator who has the skills necessary to continue moving the band program towards excellence.  The strength of the CATA band program lies within the dedication of the CATA band students, parents and supporters like you. This dedication will carry the band program through the upcoming time of transition.  Look to each other for support during this transition, and remember that change, though it may be uncomfortable at times, is an opportunity for growth. I hope you welcome your new band director with open arms, just as I was welcomed and supported when I first became a Cougar.

Everyone involved in the band program at CATA has a unique roll to serve in the upcoming transition.  Your continued dedication, communication, and service will be an integral part of the success of this transition.  After three years of building, I firmly believe that both the booster organization and the band program are standing on a FIRM foundation.  This transition will be successful BECAUSE of that foundation - because of YOU.  In fact, I'm counting on it!

Best Wishes,

Leslie Craven Niessner